Contesting fees

A patient who wishes to contest the fees charged by a dentist for professional services may submit a request for conciliation to the Ordre des dentistes du Québec. The patient must send the Order a letter explaining the grounds for contesting part or all of the fees.

If the parties cannot reach an agreement through the conciliation process, the patient may ask for arbitration, by completing a request for arbitration and submitting it to the Secretary of the Council for Conciliation and Arbitration of Accounts.

The Council members will hear the request for arbitration. Both parties must be present at the hearing. The Council’s decision is final and without appeal.