Equivalence With NDEB

Candidates with an NDEB certificate and a diploma granted by a Canadian or American dental school accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada are usually granted a diploma and training equivalence after a review of their file. They can then obtain a permit from the Ordre des dentistes du Québec (ODQ).

Here are the steps to follow if you wish to obtain a permit to practice in Quebec and you hold a diploma from a dental school outside of Quebec and a certificate from the National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB):

Step one

Fill out the Application for a Diploma or Training Equivalency in Dental Medicine.

Step two

a) Ensure that you have a working knowledge of French, in accordance with the provisions of the Charter of the French language R.S.Q., chapter C-11.

b) Fill out the form A1 : Application for a permit, a specialist's certificate or reinstatement.

c) Obtain the necessary C2 : Certificate of Standing.

Time required

It takes about three to six months to go through the above steps, obtain a permit from the ODQ, and be entered on the Roll.

Regulations governing the Ordre des dentistes du Québec

Regulation respecting the standards for equivalence of diplomas and training for the issue of a permit or a specialist's certificate by the Ordre des dentistes du Québec, c. D-3, R. 9.001; D.915-93, 1993 G.O. 2, 4590.

Regulation respecting the terms and conditions for the issue of permits by the Ordre des dentistes du Québec, D-3, r. 6.1; D.619-33, 1993 G.O. 2, 3385.